RULES & REGULATIONS
- Films submitted should not include the following:
- Sexual scenes and nudity
- Very strong violence
- Strong horror
- Indecent language or behaviour
- Entries will be subject to preview by a committee constituted by this Festival. A film which is not accepted for the competition section can be shown in other Section with the specific consent of the participant.
- No person in any way connected with the production or commercial exploitation of a competitive entry will be a member of the jury. All Members of the jury will refrain from releasing any articles or reviews to the press concerning the films submitted for their judgement until after the jury’s decisions have been formally published/ declared.
- Films which submitted in the last year’s festival are not acceptable, whether accepted or rejected.
- Film Producers, Directors, Distributors or their duly authorized representatives or duly authorized government organization / agency of the participating countries may enter their films for the competition through the enclosed Submission form.
- The Festival organizers reserve the right to invite films they consider suitable for the film festival
- The film submitted should not be broadcast nor presented in the internet or TV for public.
After filling the submission form online, please send the following by email to email@example.com :
- The title of the film
- An original copy of the film (with English subtitle).
- Synopsis of the film in English.
- Director’s Biography.
- Director’s profile picture (High resolution).
- Director’s passport (should be renewed – not expired).
- Minimum 3 screenshots/ stills of the film (High resolution).
- Trailer of the film (HD).
- Poster of the film (High resolution).
Note that the items mentioned above should be sent through firstname.lastname@example.org
The Festival accepts (MOV/MP4) format for short films, and DCP or Blu-ray for feature films.
- Films will normally be screened in their original language/version.
- Films in language other than English must have subtitles in English.
- Films that arrive without subtitles, or with subtitles other than in English, where such subtitles are not required, shall not be screened in the Festival.
- The participants must ensure that they have the right to participate in Sharjah International Film Festival (For Children & Youth) with regard to parties connected with the production/ distribution of the participating film and/ or other right holders/licenses.
- Participation in the Festival implies acceptance of these Regulations.
In submitting projects to the 8th edition of Sharjah International Film Festival (for Children & Youth), the filmmaker agrees that the film, if selected may be screened at the festival and be used for publicity and promotional uses by the festival.
- We cannot be held responsible for lost or damaged exhibition materials.
- Festival dates, deadlines, details and rules are subject to change.
- Images of your work may be used for promotional and fundraising purposes for the festival.
Your entry will be part of the Sharjah International Film Festival (For Children & Youth) archives and might be screened in official collaboration projects with schools & other organizations after the festival