What is siff?
Sharjah International Film Festival for Children & Youth (SIFF) was launched in 2013. It is the first children & youth film festival in the country and the region, and it is a project of FUNN, an organization established by Sharjah government (under the patronage of Her Highness Sheikha Jawaher Al Qasimi, wife of His Highness, the Ruler of Sharjah). The festival is dedicated to enhance the media literacy of children and youth, foster children’s & youth’s creativity and showcase the very best in filmmaking for, by and about children and young people.
SIFF Main Role?
The festival plays an essential role in bringing international films and new media content for children and youth in the region. It exposes them to world cultures and promote peace, tolerance and global understanding of how people from different cultures, religions and backgrounds live together in this world by engaging them to the following during the festival:
- Q & A and discussion panels with the filmmakers.
- Different workshops related to filmmaking field.
- Child – made, and teenage – made films screening followed by a Q & A session.
The premier children & youth film festival in the region by encouraging learning and creating, through the art of film
Organizing a film festival for Children and youth to educate and encourage the future generation to learn, create, share experiences, explore cultures, and promote content creation.
- To educate children and youth of UAE about film and cinema.
- To expose children and youth to international cultures and traditions from all over the world through cinema
- To train children and youth to be future filmmakers by exposing them to creative and inspirational filmmakers.
- To foster local filmmakers and motivate them to produce films for the children and youth of the UAE
To know more about FUNN, please click here.