SIFF Junior Juror's Rules and Regulations
SIFF 2023 Junior Jurors
We are pleased to call for applications from young people who display a passion for cinema to partake in the SIFF junior jurors program for 2023. The SIFF junior jurors program provides a valuable opportunity for young people between the ages of 12 to 20 to engage in the film industry and take on an active role in the evaluation and critique of films.
Rules & Regulations
- Participants must be between 12 to 20 years of age.
- Participants must demonstrate a keen interest in cinema and all aspects of filmmaking.
- Participants should be able to communicate effectively, in Arabic or English.
- Participants should possess critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Participants should be able to attend all scheduled meeting, ready to engage in open and constructive dialogue with fellow jurors.
- Participants should exhibit social and outgoing tendencies, demonstrating the ability to network and build positive relationships with those in the film industry.
- It is open for all nationalities from around the world.
To apply, please click here.
The application deadline is June 22, 2023. For any inquiries, please contact us at email@example.com .
We encourage all passionate young people who meet the eligibility criteria to apply for the SIFF junior jurors program and look forward to receiving your applications.
Once you have submitted your application for the “Junior Jurors” program through the registration form, please send a short video to firstname.lastname@example.org according to the guidelines below:
- Create a 3 -5 minutes film analysis video of a Hollywood movie, Bollywood movie, or any other movie of your choice.
- Be the presenter in the video or provide a voice-over that critiques the movie.
- Use shots and footage from the movie to support your review.
- The video should be sent through Google Drive link to email@example.com no later than 29 June 2023.
- If the participant fails to submit the video, their application will not be considered.
Submitting a video analysis will assist the festival team in selecting the right candidates for the “Junior Jurors” program.
Post – Registration
Once registrations have closed, the festival team will select 20 – 30 participants to join the junior jurors workshop. This program seeks to train a group of talented children and youth to become promising juries at the Sharjah International Film Festival. Their essential role is to evaluate the “Child & Youth Made Films” category and select the winner.
“Junior Jurors” Workshop Agenda
The festival team will contact the selected participants by 17 July 2023, and all selected participants will be joining the “Junior Jurors workshop” to be prepared for the 10th edition of Sharjah International Film Festival. For more details about the workshop agenda, find the table below:
21 – 24 August 2023
10 am – 2 pm
– Introduction about festival
– Previous junior juror’s introduction
– The role of a junior juror
18 – 21 Sept 2023
5:30 – 9:30 pm
– Film screenings
– How to analyze films
– Film analysis exercises
9 – 12 Oct 2023
5:30 – 9:30 pm
– Each junior juror will analyze a film of their choice.
– The Festival preparation
– Distribution of tasks
21 Oct, 2023
1 – 2 pm
– The Festival Opening ceremony rehearsal
22 – 28 Oct
4 – 10 pm
– Attend the Sharjah International Film Festival, and apply what they have learned in the workshop.
If any selected participant requires a discharge letter for their school or university to attend the “Junior Jurors” workshop and the Sharjah International Film Festival, the festival team can provide an official discharge letter upon request.
Please inform us during the selection process if a discharge letter is required. The letter will be prepared by the festival team and sent to you as soon as possible to ensure your smooth participation in the program.
To apply, please click here